What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats is an extremely versatile food. There are many overnight oats recipes out there, but the main base is always oats, and there are usually seeds and spices of various kinds mixed in, and toppings of fruit, nuts, nut butters, sweeteners, etc.
Overnight oats are super nutritious, although their nutritional value obviously depends on the specific recipe, and too much sugar can render it unhealthy.
- The oats and nut butters provide a good source of complete proteins
- The oats provide complex carbohydrates
- The nuts/nut butters and seeds provide healthy fats, protein, and other nutrients
Overnight oats are made without the use of heat or cooking of any kind. Simply mix all the dry ingredients together, mix in your liquid of choice (most recipes call for milk of some kind, but DeliciOats was specially developed to use water, so it’s backpacking friendly), and let it steep or soak overnight (or at least three hours). Then, when you’re ready to eat it, you simply add your toppings and enjoy it. Sounds amazing, does it? It is! We crave this stuff.
DeliciOats is our special recipe that we created specifically for backpacking and other outdoor adventures. No need to carry separate mix-ins or try to keep milk or fruit fresh on the trail. Everything but the water is ready-mixed in the pouch! Just add unheated water!
Is this cold oatmeal?
DeliciOats is SO much more than oatmeal. If you were to boil oats and then let them sit out, that’s what we would call cold oatmeal. It results in a glue-like substance with a mushy, sticky texture. DeliciOats don’t have any of those issues, and are so much more than just oats! With DeliciOats
- The rolled oats retain a soft texture without all the oats smashing together into mush
- The chia seeds provide a subtle crunch
- The hemp hearts have a near-crunch that adds another level of complexity to the texture
- The peanut flour makes it creamy and flavorful
- The sugar-free sweetener adds just enough sweetness while keeping it healthy
- The seasonings add a delicious flavor that you’re going to love
- Finally, the freeze dried fruit re-hydrates to give DeliciOats a fresh-fruit flavor
So no, this is far from cold oatmeal. As soon as you try it you’ll agree.
What is DeliciOats?
DeliciOats is the result of well over a hundred test recipes to make overnight oats backpacker friendly. It had to have the following features:
- Nutritional value needed for the rigors of backpacking and other outdoor adventure
- Easy and quick prep
- Require no morning prep or cleanup
- Work with water, since milk isn’t an option for backpacking due to spoilage
- Most importantly, it had to taste delicious – nothing else would matter if you didn’t want to eat it on the trail.
After a lot of trial and error we finally found our winner! Then we created five variations of fruit flavors. The result is a breakfast food that meets all of the requirements above:
- It provides plenty of complete proteins, complex carbs, and healthy fats, with no added sugar
- It takes less than a minute to prep at night, with ZERO morning prep, so it’s ready to be eaten the moment you wake up
- It is eaten directly out of the pouch, so there is no cleanup after prep or after eating
- Other overnight oats products require milk, but our recipe is creamy and optimized for taste and texture using just water
- It’s soooo good! The textures and flavors are rich, because I use high-quality ingredients – including real freeze dried fruit that re-hydrates with a fresh fruit flavor.
When will my items be shipped?
We request 1-3 business days for fulfillment, and 2-5 business days for shipping. We ship as soon as possible, but we are a small, family-owned business, so we wear all the hats 👒🎩🤠👲. We are excited to prepare, package, and ship your DeliciOats!
Shipping times are calculated with business days, which are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.
Typical delivery time frame is between 7 and 10 business days, however, you may receive your items much earlier. All orders are shipped with tracking number so you can track it every step of the way! Packages may be faced with delays beyond our control such as customs or postal delays.
If you haven’t received your DeliciOats within 10 business days of ordering, please contact email@example.com.
Where are my items shipping from?
All items will be shipped from Utah.
How will my items be shipped?
Items are shipped out using DHL eCommerce, USPS or UPS depending on your location and fastest available service, or your requested upgraded service. We do not deliver to P.O. Boxes, so keep that in mind when entering your shipping information.
Do you ship internationally?
Not at this time.
Can I make a change to, or cancel, my order?
Once an order has been submitted, we cannot make any changes. We are not able to change any part of your order or cancel an order once it has been placed, so please be sure to double and triple-check your items, quantities, and shipping info before hitting submit.
How is the shipping cost calculated for my order?
Shipping costs depend on your location in relation to our shipping facility in Utah, and on the weight of your package. Usually the cost is between $8 and $13 Orders over $25 get free shipping.
What if my package is returned to the seller as undeliverable?
Any packages returned to the sellers that are labeled by the shipping carrier as undeliverable will be refunded when returned to the seller. Refunds will be issued to the payment method used for that specific order unless the package is returned after the package is 40 days old. Packages older than 25 days will be refunded as store credit.
Why isn't my order going through?
First, make sure that all of the items that are in your cart are still available on the site. If an item that is in your cart has already sold out or has been removed from the site, the order will not process. You can hit remove to delete those unavailable items from your cart.
If you are receiving an AVS error when trying to check out, that means that the billing information, or CVV number on the back of your card, that you have entered during check out does not match the billing address that your bank or cardholder has on file for that card.
Be sure to use an up-to-date browser when looking at the site, like Google Chrome.
Can I return my order or get a refund?
We have a 30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a refund if you are unsatisfied for any reason.
We ask that you return any unopened, unused product to us for evaluation and quality assurance purposes. To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how to send your package. Our return address is
7901 South 3200 West #431
West Jordan, UT 84088
Please note that items sent back to us without first requesting a refund will not qualify for a refund.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
What do I do if the item I received is damaged or defective?
If your product arrives damaged or defective, please contact us as soon as possible so we can resolve the problem quickly. We ask that you send your order number, and a picture of the issue. This will help with quality control, and prevent the same situation in the future. As with returns, please contact us within 30 days of the purchase of your order.